Sunday, December 22, 2013

September 23

Hola Familia, 23 Sept 2013

I am still in Perez and it looks like I will be here one more change after this as well. This is my companion’s last change before she goes home. So unless they white wash the area I will be here for one more change after this. My district is exactly the same. WOHOO. I love my district so I am fine
with that. We heard that only 10 missionaries changed this change. Elder Guti has been here for one change longer than I have and it is his first area as well. We have about the same time in the mission. This last week has definitely been a learning week. My companion has taught me so much and not just about the gospel. I am learning to be more organized. It is killing me, but she is helping. God definitely had us together for more than one reason we have been able to learn a ton from one another. I love her so much and it is crazy to see how much she has changed in 6 weeks. Change for the better :) Perez is teaching us to have faith and trust in God.

Zone Conference was super good. We didn´t get our heads chopped like we thought we would. It was all about taking feedback and criticism so that we can change and get better. Basically after everything being, like, what can I do better? I think that it is very good and we have learned a lot from it. I know that it helps keep us humble. Normally we get chewed out for our numbers. With the zone leaders, almost everything is about numbers, why aren´t the numbers high, what are they not doing so that the numbers are low, stuff like that. For us, our challenge is that our area is huge and it takes a lot of time to get from one place to another so we lose a lot of time walking.

We follow the rules as close as we can. I will not say that we are perfect but we are working on getting better and better. There are a lot of rules and it is really easy to break some of them. So then we have to repent and work on not breaking it again. A lot of it is like with time. We have to exercise for 30 min every day in order for us to do that we have to wake up at like 5:45. It is hard for me to wake up that early every day and be out till 9 every night. But it is good :)

My baptism, yes we keep working with her,,, so we asked her like 10 billion times if she was married and she always said yes, it turns out they have things like marriage records online here, and it looks like she is not married after all. That was really hard on me to find out. Something very interesting about the culture here is they have something called ‘pani’ which is child’s rights. Basically a lot of girls here at age 15 to 17 will leave their house and move in with a boyfriend who is, like 27-35 years old. The parents can´t really do anything about it because it is their child’s right to do that. The girl ends up getting pregnant and then the guy leaves her. That is basically what happened with Rocio, I think. It is really sad. The hardest thing is that we really can´t work with her because she will not admit to herself that anything is wrong.

You don´t need to send the lice stuff. They are gone - Wohoo. I still have a bottle of lice stuff in the apartment. Just so you know American chocolate like Reeses and cheez itz! I think those are the main things I miss that I can think of right now.

As far as investigators go we really only have, like three. Latins here really do not understand the importance of going to church. That gets really frustrating at times. "The religion doesn´t save you only God" "We all worship the same God" I cannot tell you how many times I have heard that. Satan is really good with the half truths.
Well I love you all soooo much :) Hermana Anneliese Jenkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment