Sunday, December 22, 2013

September 2

September 2, 2013

Well the lice are pretty much gone! YAY. These past two days have been crazy and I have learned so much! I don´t even know where to start. Well these last couple of weeks I have felt like I have been hitting a wall spiritually and I couldn´t pass through. I could feel disunion (I don´t remember what this word is in English right now sorry) creeping in and I was trying to fight it back mostly by denying that I had it, but I felt like it was a war I was losing. Then yesterday during ward counsel I received revelation and I heard what I needed to hear. Then afterwards we went and taught a member about the restoration of the gospel. We were not teaching that lesson, rather the spirit was and I learned so much.

I learned that this is the only true Church on this earth because it really is the only one that has the authority of God. Our leaders were called of God. They were not elected by a counsel. Someone did not just decide that they would be good, but they were called of God! When you criticize or wonder why someone is your leader in the church you are really telling God that you think that you know better than him who should be the leaders. You know better than him how the church should be run. Support your leaders. They may not be perfect, but they are called of God. Help them, help them to be better, and do not criticize them. The reasons there have been apostasy in the past is because the people thought that they know better than their leaders/prophets how the church should be run. Sometimes what are leaders ask us to do is uncomfortable. It was uncomfortable for the Jews to stop living the Law of Moses but that did not change the fact that God changed things.

Keep doing the little things, read your scriptures every day, pray every day, go to church!! Satan is trying to destroy you and now more than ever, these are the last days, God is hastening his work and Satan is working even harder too. You can´t miss a day of scripture study or of prayer. These little things protect you from him. When you miss a day he has that much more power to be able to persuade you to do the wrong. It all starts with a thought, then it will go to words, and then it will go to actions and it can bring down even the strongest saint if you don´t stop it fast enough. This is the True church, Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God and your leaders are called from God!! Protect yourselves and the family from Satan. If you are reading your scriptures, praying, going to church and keeping the commandments Satan can´t get you. Please, please protect yourself. Do not let pride enter your hearts. Pride really does destroy. We do not know everything, but God does. Read the talk by Ezra Taft Benson about pride. It is such an easy sin to commit. I really do love you all and i want you all to be safe!! I am so grateful for this opportunity to be able to serve the Lord. This is his work, his Gospel is perfect.

I love you all sooo much!!! I love hearing all about your different adventures. I hope that you have a fun week :) Chao

Les Quiero,
Hermana Anneliese Jenkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment