Sunday, December 22, 2013

August 19

Hola Familia! August 19,2013

Wow it sounds like these last two weeks were absolutely crazy for you guys! For me, well I guess I will start with the bad news of the week. So yesterday I woke up with my head and neck itching like crazy!! I was supper confused and I was like, what in the world is going on. I have my companion look at my neck, but it was all so red from my scratching that she couldn´t see anything. The day was pretty good, and I did my best to restrain from scratching and when we got home my comp looked at my neck and saw a bunch of red dots. I then had her look at my head, the lamp dad gave me came in handy. Well, she only started looking and she found that I have lice!!! I am not very happy about it, but I will survive. We had to come down to San Jose today due to the fact that one of Hermana Cruz´s crowns fell out last Monday. The elders had to come down today as well due to the fact that elder Smoot had a doctor’s appointment. So we had a fun trip down here. Well this morning was a little of an adventure. So after we found out that I had lice, we stayed up till 3 in the morning with Hermana Cruz killing some of the dang things in my hair. We get to the bus stop at 7 am and our bus was supposed to leave at 7:15, but it didn´t come till 8!!! We then got on the bus and there wasn´t enough seats so me, Hermana Cruz and Elder Guti shared two seats between the 3 of us. We were very squished, but oh well :)

I really can´t remember what happened this last week, time is going by so fast here. I really can’t believe that it is the end of Aug all ready and everyone is back in school. Where did the time go? I feel like it is still April or may and then I am shocked when I realize that we are in Aug.

My new comp is really amazing; every time I turn around she is serving me. She is also an amazing teacher when it comes to the scriptures. She explains things so clearly that there is no doubt about what she is teaching. She has also been teaching me how to really use questions. I really am so grateful for her.
We visited a bunch of people this week, but no one is really progressing. For the past 4 months all we do is go in circles it feels like. We will find people, start teaching them, they only want to listen and not to change anything. I have also really learned the importance of prayer this week. Prayer is when you have the chance to talk to your father who always loves you. Many people feel that he doesn´t listen, or that they are not worthy to talk to him. THAT is not true!!! God always listen, the problem is that many times we don´t listen to him and accept his response. Also God always wants you to be able to talk to him. Especially when you feel like you are the least worthy to talk to him. If you talk to him and listen to him then he can heal you. The feelings of unworthiness are not from him but from Satan. Satan will do anything to keep someone from really talking to their Heavenly Father. Also don´t be afraid to ask questions. If you put in your part God will help you answer them.

Oh I remember what else we did this week. We had a huge conference with all the Hermanas in the mission. It was supper good. I really liked the part when President Wilkinson gave us a speech and he used the example of Mary the mother of Jesus to show what is a real woman and how it is completely different then what the world teaches.

I love you all so much!
Con amor,
Hermana Anneliese Jenkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment