Sunday, July 21, 2013

Hola Family and Friends,                                                                                          15 July 2013

Well this week Hermana Romero and I have been focusing on working with the members of the branch. I do not have to do anything in the branch. We do have a piano but several of the youth of the branch play. As far as meals go we normally eat with the same couple of families or cook on our own. There are a couple key families in the branch that we really know and a few we don´t know hardly at all and then a bunch of less actives. As I have visited with many of the less actives I have come to learn that many fell away because of what someone else in the branch said or they were baptized hoping that the church would help with their financial situation. It is really difficult working with the ones who hoped for better financial situation because they act like they really never did believe; they are like investigators who never progress.

Hermana Romero´s foot is starting to hurt again, but this time in a different place. I feel so bad for her. As far as district leaders go, it has been a change, but it has been a good one. My first district leader was definitely very trunky. Our district leader now pushes us to work harder, but he isn´t like a task master. He is a very good leader. I know that he expects nothing less than our best.

This last week I have really come to understand our message more fully. I don’t think I can explain it. Our message is truly incredible and the best part is that it is true. This, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints is the only true church on the planet. It is the only one that has the authority of God to perform the saving ordinances. When we follow God´s commandments He really does bless us when we keep them. Not only spiritually but temporally as well. There are people ready to receive his gospel we just need to find them.

One of the investigators that the elders have is amazing. She is about 17 years old and wow she has totally and completely accepted the Gospel. My companion and I have had the opportunity to be in two lessons with her. The elders placed a fecha (date) for her to get baptized and she moved it up because she doesn´t want to wait. In seeing her it only shows that there are people ready we just need to find them.

Hermana Romero and I are working on changing things because we know that there are better ways to teach than what we are doing right now. Also the Spirit is so essential in all the work we do. We cannot do the missionary work with it. It is not possible.

I love all of your letters. They mean a ton to me. I love you all dearly,

Hermana Anneliese Jenkinson
PS: So after I told you guys about the mice we went and bought rat poison and traps. Our count of dead mice is up to 4 now. Two of which I have killed with my foot. ewww. I will have to tell you more about it later. Love you
 

No comments:

Post a Comment