Thursday, June 6, 2013

Hola everyone!                                                                             03 June 2013
      
Elder Gutierez is letting me use his email account because somehow I locked myself out of mineL. I hope that you are all doing well!
 
        This week we had to go to San Jose for residency stuff. There was a big group of us there. On our way to San Jose the bus suddenly stopped and we had no idea why. Then we found a landslide covering the road! There was no way that our bus could pass!! Luckily there was a bus on the other side trying to get to Perez so we just switched busses and we continued on to San Jose. It was quite a different adventure.
 
        I have had a tough couple of weeks here. I don’t know to write to you about them because it makes me more stressed out thinking about it. I am working through it all. There have been some great times too.
 
        This week has been good in that Carlos and Suli, two of our investigators, came to church again this week. They are from Tiera Prometeda and they brought a friend with them; even better! I think they really liked the church. We will continue to teach them.
 
         Today for P-day we played some sports with the elders and one of the member families. No surprise they played some good soccer. We also played some basketball, but they didn’t know the rules very well and didn’t shoot well either. Playing with them reminded more of foul ball :) We then played volleyball... they played it about the same as many there in the states who just get the ball over the net by any means necessary, but it was fun. I really like my district.
 
         Something I really have to watch myself that I always seem to be guilty of is when people ask me where I am from I have to make sure I say the United States, and not America, because, they are from America too.
 
          Well I love you sorry I didn´t have much time to write you this week and I know this letter is short. Oh also, if you have time. Will you also send me a copy through DearElder.com? It takes a long time for me to receive the DearElder.com.... but they send a hard copy of the letter, and I like having something that I can read at any time. Email is quicker when I can get into it, but can only read it on P-day! I’m just learning all this stuff.
 
        Well got to go.
 
Con Amor,
Hermana Anneliese Jenkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment