Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Half Way Through the MTC!!!


April 23, 2013

Hola Familia y Amigos!!!,


Half way through the MTC. Wow that is so crazy. I can't believe I have already been here for that long!! In some ways it feels like you guys just dropped me off on the curb only a few days ago. This week we are going to be getting a new district!!! I am so excited to meet them. Up until now we have been the youngest district in our zone. Today we got to go to the temple which was amazing!! After we attend the temple we always eat in the Cafeteria. The food is so good there and a nice break from MTC food.


We have this shirt button in our class that says ‘I
Spanish’, and whoever has the button can only speak Spanish for the entire day! I got the button one day last week and I was able to go the whole day speaking only Spanish. Spanish has been getting easier. I am still terrible with the grammar when I talk. I have been very surprised by how much English grammar we have had to learn/know in order to understand Spanish grammar. Some days in class it has been more of learning English grammar and then applying it to Spanish grammar.


Last week on Tuesday night Elder Richard G Scott came and spoke to the MTC!! It was such an amazing talk!!! The topic was prayer and receiving answers from prayers. One thing that I thought was interesting was he told us there are three results from a prayer when asking a question:
1. If it is right you feel peace, comfort, and assurance.
2. To help you avoid an error, you will have unsettling feelings and a stupor of thought.
3. No answer yet. He gives us this result when He decides we need to grow through exercising faith and in teaching us to assume accountability. As you act in faith you will end up feeling either 1 or 2. Elder Scott then told us that we should thank god when he withholds an answer from us. It shows that God has faith in us. He ended his talk with a blessing on all the missionaries. And throughout the talk he kept saying how elated he was to see so many sister missionaries and he kept telling us all that we were doing the right thing. He closed and then we sang the closing song and then he got back up and he told us that he felt prompted to tell us this. "Remember the lord has called you to succeed, not to fail. He inspired your call.  This in an opportunity to discover things about yourself you never knew you had. You have the capacity to love and serve that will bless you throughout your life. Remember, you have been called!"
It was such an amazing experience to hear that talk.


So, some sad news, our teacher Hermana Young will no longer be our teacher after this week!! I am super sad. She has been with us since the first day. With the semester ending most of the teacher's schedules have been changing and so we no longer have her.
L So that also means that we will no longer have our ‘investigator’, Cora either. This is sad because she was progressing so well! Our other ‘investigator’ has been a struggle. I was actually surprised when he invited us to come back after the first contact. So the first time we knocked on his door, he answered, and he said he no interest in hearing our message, we ended up talking to him outside his door telling him about the first vision and then gave him a book of Mormon, he then invited us to come back. He says he doesn't really believe in God and doesn't want to pray because it is uncomfortable. I have now discovered how hard it is to teach someone the gospel who doesn’t believe in God. We are going to meet up with him again, so we will see what will happen now. I know that God knows the way, I just hope that I am in tune enough to say the right things.


This weekend hasn't been the best for me. I have been afflicted with a cold since Friday or Thursday. I have no voice right now due to the cold. Hopefully I will get well soon! It is really hard to be a missionary when you can't talk. :)
Vaya Con Dios!
Hermana Jenkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment